Usage:D8R II 6YZ
- Track-Type Tractor:
- D8RSeries II (S/N: AKA1-UP; 6YZ1-UP)
- D8R (S/N: 7XM1-UP; 9EM1-UP)
- D8T (S/N: J8B1-UP; KPZ1-UP)
Description of Change: The improved end bits and the rework procedure are available for the bulldozer blade. Some of the existing end bits may not allow the end bit bolts to seat properly. The improperly seated end bit bolts may become loose during operation and the end bits may become damaged. Certain end bits may be able to be reworked in order to achieve the proper seating of the end bit bolts .
Adaptable To: The following machines are adaptable to this change:
- (S/N: AKA1-1268)
- (S/N: 6YZ1-2038)
- (S/N: 7XM1-5223)
- (S/N: 9EM1-3248)
- (S/N: J8B1-959)
- (S/N: KPZ1-1552)
- (S/N: AKA1269-UP)
- (S/N: 6YZ2039-UP)
- (S/N: 7XM5224-UP)
- (S/N: 9EM3249-UP)
- (S/N: J8B960-UP)
- (S/N: KPZ1553-UP)
- Inspect square holes for irregularities (1) or burrs (3) .
- A metal removal tool such as a die grinder should be used in order to remove irregularities (1) or burrs (3) .
- Ensure that the square end of each bolt shank fits the square holes. Repeat step 1 and step 2 until the square end of each bolt shank fits in the square holes.
- Inspect the seat surfaces of the countersunk holes for high spots (2) or burrs (3) .
- A metal removal tool such as a die grinder should be used in order to remove high spots (2) or burrs (3) .
- Ensure that the end bit bolts seat properly in the countersunk holes. Repeat step 4 and step 5 until the bolts are properly seated in the countersunk surfaces.
- Check each bolt hole in order to ensure that the square shank (5) of the end bit bolt (4) does not extend beyond the back side of the end bit. The end bit will need to be replaced with a new 8E-4193 End Bit or a new 8E-4194 End Bit if the square shank (5) of the end bit bolt extends beyond the back side of the end bit. See detail (A) .