Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Drain the coolant from the cooling system into a suitable container for storage or disposal.
Illustration 1 g01340559
- Remove bolts (3) and the retainers from elbow (1). Remove bolts (2) from elbow (1). Remove elbow (1).
- Remove bolts (5) that fasten pipe (4) to water temperature regulator housing (6).
Illustration 2 g00764332
- Remove bolts (7). Remove water temperature regulator housing (6).
Illustration 3 g00764347
- Remove water temperature regulators (8).
Illustration 4 g00764442
- Remove seals (9), if necessary.