1. Remove panel, four louvers and cover assembly from frame assemblies.
2. Remove two bolts and the shield (1) from the generator.
3. Disconnect two wires (2) from the rotor assembly.
4. Remove two bolts (3) that hold the exciter and heat sink assembly to the shaft.
Do not cause damage to the core assembly (exciter field) (4) when removing the exciter and heat sink assembly (5).
5. Remove the exciter and heat sink assembly (5) from the shaft.
6. Cut the plastic ties which hold the two wires (F1 and F2) (6) that go to the regulator from the core assembly (exciter field).
7. Disconnect the two wires (F1 and F2) (7) from the regulator terminal strip.
8. Remove two nuts and bolts (8) that help hold the core assembly to the bracket.
9. Remove two bolts (9) and the core assembly from the bracket.
10. Put cardboard between the rotor assembly and the stator assembly. This will keep the rotor off the stator when the bracket is removed.
11. Support the frame assemblies (11).
12. Remove six bolts and the bottom cover (12) from the brackets (10).
13. Remove four bolts and two retainers that keep the bearing in position.
14. Remove two bolts from the bracket (13) and install two 1/2"-13 NC 10" long guide bolts (14).
15. Remove the remaining four bolts.
16. Install two 1/2"-13 NC forcing bolts (15) and remove the bracket. Weight of the bracket is approximately as follows:
400 frame size 49.5 Kg (110 lbs)
500 frame size 67 Kg (150 lbs)
17. Use tool (A) and remove the ring (16) from the shaft.
Push the two wires (17) in until the end of the wires are even with the end of the rotor shaft.
18. Install tooling (B) and remove the bearing (18) from the shaft.
19. Use tooling (C) and remove the seal from the bracket.
Install Generator Bearing
1. Use tooling (A) and install seal in bracket (1).
2. Heat bearing (2) to a maximum temperature of 107°C (225°F).
3. Install bearing on shaft.
4. Use tool (B) and install the ring (3).
Make sure the two wires are pulled through the rotor shaft. Also make sure that the wires have protection (4) where they enter the rotor shaft.
5. Install two 1/2"-13 NC 10 in. guide bolts (5).
6. Install bracket on shaft. Weight of bracket is approximately as follows:
420 frame size 49.5 Kg (110 lbs)
500 frame size 67 Kg (150 lbs)
7. Install bolts that hold bracket in place.
8. Install the two retainers (6) and four bolts that keep the bearing in place.
9. Put the bottom shield (7) in place and install six bolts.
10. Remove cardboard from between the stator and rotor assemblies.
11. Put the core assembly (exciter field) (8) in position on the bracket.
12. Install two long bolts. Install two bolts and nuts.
13. Connect two wires (F1 and F2) (9) to the regulator terminal strip.
14. Tie the wires together with plastic ties.
Do not cause damage to the exciter field when installing the exciter and heat sink assembly.
15. Position the exciter and heat sink assembly (10) on the rotor shaft and install two bolts.
16. Connect the two wires (11) to the exciter and heat sink assembly.
17. Put the shield (12) in position and install the bolts.
18. Install bottom cover assembly, louvers and panel to the frame assemblies.