Usage:UPS 250 APZ
Note: Each MMU requires the following procedures.
PC Settings and Connection settings|
- Place the system into BYPASS mode by turning the keyswitch to the BYPASS position.
- Click "PC Settings/Connection Settings" on the toolbar.
- Connect to a computer that is equipped with "UPSView". Connect to the RS 232 port in the system cabinet.
- Select the appropriate MMU. Select the MMU with the Selector Switch on the Parallel Cabinet Interface (PCI).
Illustration 2 g01273569 "UPSView" Connection Settings
- Click "Connect" on the "Connection Menu".
Illustration 3 g01273571 Connect to "UPSView"
- Click "Enter Password" on the Main Tool Bar.
- Enter the User name and the password in the "Enter Password Screen".
Illustration 4 g01273572 User Name and Password Entry Screen
- Click "OK".
Note: To change the "Network Enable" parameter, a special password must be obtained from Active Power.
- Click "OP. Params \ OP Group 5 Internal CAN Enable \ Network Enable" on the Main Toolbar.
- Change the default 0 to 1.
- Click "Send".
- Press "Y" in order to confirm the reset of the processor.
Enabling of the Ethernet Options is now complete.
Note: Wait for reboot before attempting to continue.
- Click "UPSView Settings".
- Click "Remote Notification Settings" from the "UPSView Settings" Menu.
Illustration 5 g01273593 Enable the Network Drop-Down Menus. Illustration 6 g01273594 Enable Network Screen. Illustration 7 g01273595 Settings Drop-Down Menus.
- Click "Network Configuration" from the Remote Notifications Menu.
Illustration 8 g01273596 Network Configuration Screen.
- Enter Network Information in the Network Configuration Screen. See your system administrator for Network Information.
- Click "Send" Button. Text will appear on the Text Box Window Stating "Accept / Decline".
- Click "Receive" in order to verify the Network Settings.
- Close the screen.
- Press "CTRL-R" in order to Reset the processor.
- Press "Y" in order to acknowledge the Reset of the Processor.
Note: Default Gateway: Revision E SNMP must be enabled to use this feature.