Engine Oil and Filter - Change
- The crankcase drain valve (2) is located in the engine compartment on the right side of the engine oil dipstick. The plate (1) on the bottom of the engine compartment must be removed in order to drain the engine oil. Remove the bolts in order to remove the plate. Open the crankcase drain valve and drain the oil into a suitable container. Close the crankcase drain valve. Replace the plate (1) .
- Remove the filter element (3) with a strap type wrench. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Oil Filter - Inspect".
- Clean the filter mounting base with a clean cloth. Make sure that the old filter gasket has been removed.
- Apply a thin film of clean engine oil to the sealing surface of the new filter element.
- Install the new filter element by hand. When the gasket contacts the filter base, tighten the filter for an additional 3/4 turn.
- Remove the oil filler plug (4). Fill the crankcase with new oil. See Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Lubricant Viscosities" and Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Refill Capacities". Clean the oil filler plug and install the oil filler plug.
- Start the engine and allow the oil to warm. Check for leaks.
- Stop the engine and allow the oil to drain back into the oil pan. Maintain the oil level in the crosshatched region of the engine oil dipstick (5). Add oil, if necessary.
- Close the engine access door.
Caterpillar Information System:
793B Off-Highway Truck Power Train Torque Converter Lockup Clutch Signal Pressure - Test
572R Pipelayer Horn
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Engine Oil Level - Check
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Engine Crankcase Breather - Clean
572R Pipelayer Light Switches
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Engine Air Filter Service Indicator - Inspect
3406E and 3456 Industrial Engines Exhaust Manifold
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Engine Air Filter Secondary Element - Replace
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Drive Shaft Universal Joints - Lubricate
793B Off-Highway Truck Power Train Torque Converter Lockup Clutch Leakage - Test
D250E Series II, D300E Series II, D350E Series II and D400E Series II Articulated Trucks Power Train Electronic Control System Switches
Challenger 65E, Challenger 75E, Challenger 85E and Challenger 95E Agricultural Tractors Air Conditioner Desiccant Receiver/Dryer - Replace
Challenger 35, Challenger 45 and Challenger 55 Agricultural Tractors Power Train Oil Distribution To Clutch
572R Pipelayer Battery Disconnect Switch
914G Wheel Loader Equipment Lowering with Engine Stopped
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Fuel System Primary Filter - Replace
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Fuel System Priming Pump - Operate
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Fuel System Water Separator - Drain
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Fuel System Water Separator Element - Replace
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Fuel Tank Cap - Clean
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Hydraulic System Oil Filter - Replace
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Hydraulic System Oil Level - Check
572R Pipelayer Power Train Final Drive
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Lubricant Viscosities