a) remove cylinder head assembly
1. Remove the two spacer plate-to-cylinder block mounting bolts (1) from timing gear end of spacer plate.
2. Using six 3/8" -16 NC forcing screws (2), separate the spacer plate from cylinder block.
3. Remove the spacer plate.
Install Spacer Plates
1. Throughly clean the spacer plate and mating surface of the cylinder block.
2. Install a new spacer plate gasket. Install the spacer plate. Install the two mounting bolts.
Mating surfaces of spacer plate and cylinder block and both sides of spacer plate gasket must be clean and dry. Do not apply gasket adhesives or other substances to these surfaces.
3. If the cylinder liners have not been removed, check the liner projection. See INSTALL CYLINDER LINERS.
a) install cylinder head assembly