a) remove rotor assembly
b) remove bridge rectifier and exciter armature
c) remove permanent magnet and stator (if so equipped)
1. Remove the bolts and washers to remove bearing retainers (1) from the bracket assembly.
2. Fasten a hoist to the shackle assembly on bracket assembly (2) and remove the bracket assembly from the rotor assembly. The weight of the bracket assembly is 135 kg (300 lb.).
3. Remove snap ring (3) with tool (A).
4. Use tooling (B) to remove bearing (4) from the rotor shaft.
Install Generator Bearing
1. Heat bearing (1) to a maximum temperature of 149°C (300°F) for one hour.
2. Install bearing (1) on the rotor shaft.
3. Use tool (A) to install snap ring (2).
4. Fasten a hoist to the shackle assembly on bracket assembly (3) and install bracket assembly (3) on the rotor assembly.
5. Install bearing retainers (4) and the bolts and the washers to hold these to the bracket assembly.
6. For the correct lubrication of the bearing after assembly see MAINTENANCE GUIDE. If all the grease in the bearing needs to be replenished, use the following recommended quantities:
a) install rotor assembly
b) install permanent magnet and stator (if so equipped)
c) install bridge rectifier and exciter armature