1. Disconnect the wires from the starting motor. Put identification on the wires as to their location on motor.
2. Disconnect the governor linkage.
3. Fasten a hoist to the starter. Remove three bolts (1) that hold the starting motor to the flywheel housing. Remove the electric starting motor. Weight is 70 lb. (32 kg).
Install Electric Starting Motor
1. Put the electric starting motor in position. Install the three bolts.
2. Connect the wires to the starting motor.
3. Connect the governor linkage.