RT50, RTC60 (4XG524-Up, 5PF694-Up) RT50 SA (8DJ496-Up) RT60 (5DG357-Up) Telescopic Material Handlers
SPECIAL NOTE: The RT60 (5DG357-Up) will have a hydraulic boosted brake system installed at production. With the hydraulic boosted brakes, the inching function is lost. Earlier production RT60's can be retrofitted with either the large capacity master cylinder or the boosted system. The retrofit of the boosted system will be explained in a separate article.
A larger capacity master cylinder is being installed at production on the above models. The new 6R-9050 Master Cylinder provides improved pedal feel and eliminates brake pedal bottoming. This master cylinder can be retrofitted to older lift trucks. See Chart for usage.
There are two different retrofit kits in the parts system. See Illustration 1 and 2 and the following charts for usage.
Illustration1. 8Q-2451 Kit. Reference parts: (A) Existing hole. (B) New hole. (C) 985525 Mounting bracket. (D) 897768 Brake Tube As. (bend to suit). (E) Boot & Actuation Rod (supplied with 6R-9050 Master Cylinder). (F) 909613 Yoke.
Installation: 8Q-2451 Kit
1. Move the truck to level ground. Retract the boom completely and rest the carriage on the ground.
2. Shift the direction control lever to neutral, engage the parking brake and turn the ignition switch to OFF. "Tag" the machine that the brakes are inoperative.
3. Raise the dash board up and prop open.
4. Remove the 909613 Yoke (F) from the existing master cylinder and save.
5. Remove the 897768 Pipe (H) from the 5P-4536 Elbow (G) on the master cylinder and push it aside.
6. Remove the 897768 Brake Pipe (D) and push it aside.
8. Remove the 975139 Master Cylinder.
9. Drill a new 11 mm (.43 in.) hole as shown in Illustration 1.
11. Connect the 897768 Brake Pipe (D).
12. Connect the 897699 Pipe (H).
13. Attach the 909613 Yoke (F) to the master cylinder actuation rod (E).
14. NOTE: DO NO USE BRAKE FLUID. Fill the master cylinder with 10W transmission oil. Bleed the brake system throughly.
15. Adjust the brake linkage and the actuation rod.
16. Test the operation of the brakes and check for leaks.
Installation: 5I-0268 Kit
Same as the 8Q-2451 Kit except for the following steps: