a) remove steering control valve
1. Turn the machine all of the way to the left. Put blocks in front and behind the wheels.
2. Drain the oil from the transmission. The capacity of the transmission is 6.75 U.S. gal. (25.5 litre).
3. Remove the bolts that hold each end of intermediate drive shaft (1) and remove the drive shaft.
Keep hands away from the brake chamber area until the parking brake has been released.
4. Push the emergency brake control (found on the dash) to release the parking brake.
NOTE: If necessary, use shop air pressure of 70 psi (4.9 kg/cm2) or (480 kPa) to release the parking brake.
5. Remove the cotter pin and pin (2).
6. Remove the six bolts and remove brake drum (3).
7. Remove the bolt, retainer (5), the O-ring seal and flange (4).
8. Remove bolts (6) and remove the parking brake group and camshaft assembly from the machine.
9. Use tool (A) to remove springs (8). Remove brake shoes (7) from plate assembly (9).
Install Emergency And Parking Brake
1. Connect brake shoes (2) together with spring (4).
2. Put brake shoes (2) in position on plate assembly (3).
3. Use tool (A) to install two springs (1).
4. Put camshaft assembly (5) and the brake group in position on the output transfer gears case and install the four bolts and lockwashers to hold them.
5. Put flange (6) in position.
6. Install the O-ring seal, retainer (8) and bolt to hold flange (6) in position. Tighten the bolt to a torque of 80 ± 5 lb.ft. (110 ± 7 N·m).
7. Put brake drum (7) in position and install the six bolts to hold it. Tighten the bolts to a torque of 42 ± 5 lb.ft. (58 ± 7 N·m).
Keep hands away from the brake chamber area until the rod is in position.
8. If necessary, start the engine to increase the pressure in the air system. Stop the engine.
NOTE: Shop air pressure of 70 psi (4.9 kg/cm2) or (480 kPa) can be used to activate the parking brake chamber.
9. Pull the emergency brake control valve (found on the dash) to push the rod into position. Install the pin and cotter pin to hold rod end (9) to camshaft assembly (5).
10. Put intermediate drive shaft (10) in position and install the bolts to hold it. Tighten the bolts to a torque of 45 ± 5 lb.ft. (60 ± 7 N·m) with hardened washers.
11. Fill the transmission with oil to the correct level. Put clean grease in the universal joint and intermediate drive shaft.
a) install steering control valve
b) make an adjustment of the parking brake (see EMERGENCY AND PARKING BRAKE ADJUSTMENT in TESTING AND ADJUSTING)