a) remove oil pan
b) remove air compressor
c) remove crankshaft rear seal
1. Remove the air compressor oil drain line.
2. Label and disconnect wiring from starter. Remove the starter.
3. Remove the right turbocharger oil drain line.
4. Remove the idler gear shaft retaining cover (2), bolts and locks.
5. Remove the three cover retaining bolts (1).
6. Remove the three cover retaining bolts (3).
7. Remove the flywheel housing retaining bolts and nuts. Attach a hoist and remove the flywheel housing - weight 360 lbs. (163 kg).
NOTE: While sliding the flywheel housing off retaining studs, tap on idler gear and shaft to prevent gear and shaft from falling off engine.
Install Flywheel Housing
1. Attach a hoist and position the flywheel housing on the engine. Install the flywheel housing retaining bolts and nuts.
2. Install the two cover retaining bolts.
3. Install the idler gear shaft retaining cover, bolts and locks.
4. Trim the flywheel housing-to-plate gasket flush with bottom face of cylinder block.
5. Install the right turbocharger oil drain line.
6. Install the starter and connect wiring.
7. Install the air compressor oil drain line.
a) install crankshaft rear seal
b) install air compressor
c) install oil pan