a) remove pistons
NOTE: It is not necessary to remove the spacer plate unless the spacer plate gasket has been leaking or was damaged during removal of the cylinder head assembly.
1. Install tool setup (A) in cylinder liner. Unseat the liner from bore in cylinder block. Remove the tool setup.
2. Install slide hammer (B) and remove cylinder liner from cylinder block.
Install Cylinder Liners
1. Install new O-ring seals on cylinder liners. Lubricate seals and mating bores in cylinder block with liquid soap to ease installation.
2. Apply 7M7260 Liquid Gasket Material to the underside of cylinder liner flanges that contact the cylinder block. Do not apply gasket material to the cylinder block.
3. Using plate (A), drive the cylinder liner into cylinder block.
4. Secure the cylinder liner to the block with tool setup (B) and two cylinder head retaining nuts and washers. Tighten nuts to 70 ± 5 lb. ft. (9,7 ± 0,7 mkg).
5. Check the cylinder liner projection using tool group (C) as follows:
a) Using the spacers from the tool group and four cylinder head retaining nuts and washers, secure the spacer plate to the cylinder block. Tighten nuts to 70 ± 5 lb. ft. (9,7 ± 0,7 mkg).
b) Using the dial indicator, block and gauge from the tool group, check the liner projection at four places around the liner. The cylinder liner projection must be .002-.006 in. (0,05 -0,15 mm).
a) install pistons