a) remove fuel transfer pump
1. Loosen drain valve (1) and drain the fuel filter housing.
2. Disconnect fuel drain line (2) from housing.
3. Remove the two elbow mounting bolts (3).
4. Disconnect fuel lines (4) from housing.
5. Loosen retaining nut at each end of after-cooler vent line (5) and swing line away from fuel filter housing.
6. Attach a hoist to the fuel filter housing. Remove the eight filter housing-to-injection pump housing retaining bolts. Remove the fuel filter housing - weight 80 lbs. (36 kg).
Install Fuel Filter Housing
1. Attach a hoist and position the fuel filter housing on the engine. Install the eight housing retaining bolts.
2. Install the two elbow mounting bolts.
3. Position the aftercooler vent line and tighten the two retaining nuts.
4. Connect the fuel lines to the housing.
5. Connect the fuel drain line to housing.
6. Tighten the fuel drain valve.
a) install fuel transfer pump
Disassemble Fuel Filter Housing
a) remove fuel filter housing
1. Remove the fuel priming pump.
2. Remove the cover (1). Remove the fuel filter elements, retainers and springs. Remove the bypass valve (2) from cover.
3. Remove the fuel filter housing bleed valve and seat (3).
4. Remove the fuel injection pump housing bleed valve and seat (4).
5. Remove the elbow and drain valve assembly (5).
6. Remove the housing side cover.
7. Remove the fuel priming pump valve (6).
Assemble Fuel Filter Housing
1. Install the fuel priming pump valve in housing.
2. Install housing side cover.
3. Install the elbow and drain valve assembly.
4. Install the fuel filter elements, springs and retainers on the cover. Tighten the retainers hand tight until they bottom against shoulder of studs.
5. Install the cover assembly on housing.
6. Install the fuel injection pump housing bleed valve and seat.
7. Install the fuel filter housing bleed valve and seat.
8. Install fuel bypass valve in cover assembly.
9. Install the fuel priming pump on cover assembly.
a) install fuel filter housing