a) remove oil pan
b) remove water pump
c) remove vibration damper and pulley
1. Remove the vent line (1) from oil cooler inlet pipe to cylinder block.
2. Remove oil cooler inlet pipes (2).
3. Remove the fuel filter drain line (3).
4. Remove the turbocharger lubrication line clamp mounting bolts from the right aftercooler housing. Disconnect the lubrication line from front timing gear cover.
5. Remove the aftercooler water pump retaining bolts. It is not necessary to remove the pump retaining nuts.
6. Remove the front timing gear cover retaining bolts and nuts. Install a 3/8" - 16NC forged eyebolt in housing. Attach a hoist and remove the front timing gear cover - weight 175 lbs. (80 kg).
Install Front Timing Gear Cover
1. Lubricate the lip of crankshaft front seal with clean SAE 30 oil.
2. Attach a hoist and position the timing gear cover on the engine. Install the retaining bolts and nuts.
3. Install the aftercooler water pump retaining bolts.
4. Trim the timing gear cover gasket flush with the bottom face of cylinder block.
5. Connect the turbocharger lubrication line to the front timing gear cover. Install clamp mounting bolts in aftercooler housing.
6. Install the fuel filter drain line.
7. Install the oil cooler inlet lines and vent line.
a) install vibration damper and pulley
b) install water pump
c) install oil pan