1. Remove the vibration damper retaining bolts, lockwashers and retainer. Reinstall the retainer and bolts with a suitable spacer (1) between the crankshaft and retainer. Tighten the retaining bolts.
2. Install tool setup (A) and separate the vibration damper and pulley from the crankshaft.
3. Remove the tool setup and attach a hoist to the pulley. Remove the retainer, bolts and spacer. Remove the vibration damper and pulley as a unit - weight 150 lbs. (68 kg).
Install Vibration Damper And Pulley
1. Attach a hoist and position the vibration damper and pulley on the crankshaft.
2. Install the retainer, lockwashers and bolts. Tighten the retaining bolts to 130 ± 12 lb. ft. (18,0 ± 1,7 mkg). Tap the retaining bolts with a hammer and retighten to the above torque.