1. Drain the cooling system.
2. Loosen hose clamp (1). Remove water temperature regulator bypass line (2).
3. Remove the pipe-to-water pump mounting bolts (3) and (4).
4. Remove oil cooler water line mounting nuts.
5. Install two 3/8" -16 NC forged eyebolts in water pump. Attach a hoist and remove the water pump mounting nuts (5). Remove the water pump - weight 80 lbs. (36 kg).
Install Water Pump
1. Attach a hoist and position the water pump on engine. Install mounting nuts.
2. Install the four oil cooler water line mounting bolts.
3. Install cylinder block-to-pump water line mounting bolts.
4. Install water temperature regulator bypass line and tighten hose clamp.
5. Fill cooling system.
Disassemble Water Pump
a) remove water pump
1. Remove the water pump inlet elbow. Remove the housing assembly-to-body retaining nuts and washers. Remove the housing assembly.
2. Remove the impeller retaining nut, washer and cotter pin. Using tool setup (A) and suitable washers, remove the impeller and seal ring.
3. Remove the water pump drive gear retaining nut and lock. Install tool setup (B) and remove the pump drive gear and key.
4. Remove the bearing retainer mounting bolts and locks. Remove the bearing retainer. Remove the bearing assemblies and shaft. Press the bearing assemblies and spacer from shaft.
5. Remove the impeller carbon seal assembly from the body. Remove the lip-type seal and O-ring seal from the body.
Assemble Water Pump
1. Install the carbon seal assembly (1) into the water pump body using tool setup (A). Install the lip-type seal in body using tool setup (A). Lip of seal should be toward drive gear when installed. Lubricate lip of seal with lubricant being sealed.
2. Press the bearing assemblies and spacer onto the shaft. Install the shaft in body. Install the bearing retainer, mounting bolts and locks.
3. Install the water pump drive gear and key. Install retaining nut and lock. Tighten nut (4) to 180 ± 5 lb. ft. (24,9 ± 0,7 mkg) and bend lock.
4. Install seal ring (2) on the shaft with the polished surface of ring against carbon surface of seal. Install the impeller, retaining nut and washer. Tighten nut (3) to 70 ± 5 lb. ft. (9,7 ± 0,7 mkg) and install the cotter pin.
5. Install the housing assembly and retaining nuts. Install the water pump inlet elbow.
a) install water pump