|Specification for 435-6181 Piston Pump Gp    |
|Item    ||Qty    ||Part    ||Specification Description    |
|1    ||2    ||7X-0346    ||Torque bolts to
215 ± 40 N·m (159 ± 30lb ft)..
|2    ||1    ||124-2155    ||Torque coupler to
220 ± 33 N·m (162 ± 24 lb ft)..
|3    ||4    ||8T-4184    ||Torque bolts to
100 ± 20 N·m (74 ± 15 lb ft)..
|4    ||4    ||8T-4184    ||Torque bolts to
100 ± 20 N·m (74 ± 15 lb ft)..
|5    ||1    ||154-0098    ||Torque coupler to
110 ± 17 N·m (81 ± 13 lb ft)..
- Remove the gear pump.
Personal injury can result from hydraulic oil pressure and hot oil.
Hydraulic oil pressure can remain in the hydraulic system after the engine has been stopped. Serious injury can be caused if this pressure is not released before any service is done on the hydraulic system.
Make sure all of the work tools have been lowered to the ground, and the oil is cool before removing any components or lines. Remove the oil filler cap only when the engine is stopped, and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the machine. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Caterpillar Tools and Shop Products Guide"for tools and supplies to collect and contain fluids in Caterpillar machines.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations.
Note: Put identification marks on all lines, on all hoses, on all wires, and on all tubes for installation purposes. Mark parts as needed to aid in assembly. Plug all lines, hoses, and tubes. This action helps to prevent fluid loss and helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
Note: Cleanliness is an important factor. Before the removal procedure, clean the exterior of the components to dirt from entering the internal mechanism. Precision components can be damaged by contaminants or by dirt.
- Disconnect the plug from solenoid connector (1) on piston pump (2) .
- Disconnect case drain hose assembly (3) from the right side of piston pump (2) .
- Disconnect high-pressure hose assembly (4) from the top of piston pump (2). Disconnect low-pressure hose assembly (5) from the top of the piston pump.
- Disconnect charge inlet hose assembly (6) from the left side of piston pump (2) .
- Disconnect pilot hose assembly (7) from the bottom of piston pump (2) .
- Remove two bolts (9) and two washers (10) securing piston pump (2) to pump drive (8) .
Note: Use a suitable lifting device to remove the piston pump. This pump weighs approximately 76 kg (168 lb).
- Remove piston pump (2) from pump drive (8) .
- Install piston pump (2) in the reverse order of removal.
- Tighten bolts (9) to a torque of 215 ± 40 N·m (159 ± 30lb ft).
- Tighten drain hose assembly (3) to a torque of 220 ± 33 N·m (162 ± 24 lb ft).
- Tighten high-pressure hose assembly (4) to a torque of 100 ± 20 N·m (74 ± 15 lb ft).
- Tighten low-pressure hose assembly (5) to a torque of 100 ± 20 N·m (74 ± 15 lb ft).
- Tighten charge inlet hose assembly (6) to a torque of 110 ± 17 N·m (81 ± 13 lb ft).
End By: Install gear pump.