- Remove the hydraulic tank. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Hydraulic Tank - Remove".
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Caterpillar Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Caterpillar products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Remove bolts (1) and remove screen (2) .
- Remove bolt (3) .
- Raise the radiator. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Radiator Tilting".
- Disconnect hose assemblies (5) and (6) .
- Remove bolts (4) and remove gear motor (7) .