Usage:UPS 250 APZ
This procedure should be done whenever the "Comm/Accel" Assembly is changed.
Note: Calibrate the vibration sensors before performing this procedure. Refer to Systems Operation, Testing and Adjusting, RENR9988, "Vibration Sensors Calibration". Perform calibration only on firmware prior to 3.22.
- Place the key switch to the cabinet of the flywheel to the "Bypass" position.
- Verify that vacuum is in the green zone of the telemetry tile.
- Verify that the temperatures are reasonable. Consider the ambient conditions and the state of the UPS.
Note: Temperatures may be slightly out of the range. Temperatures depend on environmental conditions.
- Verify that the RPM for the flywheel is zero.
- From the Calibration menu, select "RPS Advance Set point".
The preheat cycle will start if the temperature of the rotor is less than
30 °C (86 °F). During the cycle, the rotor will spin. If the rotor does not spin, the system will not start the calibration. Input contactor "K1" will close and the static switch will turn on. The DC bus will rise. In addition, the flywheel inverter can be heard. The flywheel spins at a relatively slow speed for this part of the calibration. A portion of the rough calibration is completed.
- Call the technical communicator in order to obtain a password to bypass the preheat process.
Call the technical communicator if any of the following issues exist:
- If system is cold, the system preheats.
- Start of the system motoring
- Starts calibration of the system, sends message to text window.
- System develops message when finished with rough calibration.
- Turn the key switch on the cabinet of the flywheel to the ON-LINE position.
The input contactor "K1" will close and the static switch will turn on. The DC bus will rise and the output contactor "K2" will close. In addition, the flywheel inverter can be heard. The flywheel will spin up to 7640 rpm. The system will enable the fine calibration for the "RPS Advance Setpoint" automatically. The time needed to perform the calibration is approximately 1 hour. The flywheel will ramp up to 7700 RPM. The system will complete the calibration in 30 minutes to an hour.
- Click on "Connection" on the menu bar, and select "Disconnect" in order to end the programming session for calibration in UPSView. Flywheel Telemetry will stop being received.
- Unplug the "RS232/RS485" cable from the system I/O and isolation board for SMS, or PCI board for MMS. Install the sheet metal. Close the doors for proper air flow to the system. To end the UPSView session, Click "Connection" on the menu bar and select "Disconnect". The computer will stop receiving the flywheel telemetry.