Usage:UPS 250 APZ
Location of the Fans in the MMS System Cabinet|
There are three fans that are located at the top of the System cabinet. Each fan has a contact switch. When the fan is functioning, operation of the fan forces the metal flap upward. The contact switch will close. When the fan fails, the metal flap closes. Closing of the metal flap will apply pressure to the switch and the switch will open. When the contact switch is opened, the fan will signal an alarm in the UPS. Refer to Illustration 1 for the location of the fans in the System cabinet.
Refer to Systems Operation, Testing and Adjusting, RENR9988, "Internal Component Preremoval Steps (MMS System Cabinet)" in order to shut down the system and gain access to internal components.
- Refer to Illustration 2 for removal of the fan assembly.
- Remove the two screws (2) that hold the flap (3) to the cabinet.
- Remove the six screws (4) that hold the fan to the cabinet.
- Remove the flap (3). Remove the screen (5).
- Remove the fan unit (6) from the cabinet.
- Disconnect the fan power/sense cable (7) that is located on the left side of the unit.
(2) Flap Screws
(6) Fan Unit
(7) Fan Power/Sense Cable
(8) Front of Cabinet
- Refer to Illustration 2 for installation of the fan assembly.
- Connect the fan power/sense cable (7) into the left side of the fan unit (6).
- Position the fan unit (6) into the cabinet.
- Place the fan screen (5) over the fan unit. Attach the fan screen (5) with six screws (4).
- Place the flap for the fan (3) over the screen. Attach the flap for the fan (3) to the cabinet with the two screws (2).