Usage:UPS 250 APZ
- Allow the pump to come to operating temperature prior to draining the oil.
- Drain the oil reservoir in the vacuum pump.
- Refill the reservoir with new oil.
Risk of electric shock or energy hazard. Parts inside this UPS are energized by the flywheel even when the AC power is disconnected.
Do not use pliers or other mechanical means other than fingers to adjust the vacuum pump mode selector switch.
Failure to observe this information may result in damage to the pump and the inability of the system to reach the required operating pressure.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Dispose of all fluids according to local rules and regulations.
- Run the pump for approximately 10 minutes prior to changing the oil if the system has been shut down and the pump is cool. Running the pump decreases the viscosity of the oil. Decreasing the viscosity of the oil will allow the oil to drain quickly.
- Place the system in the Bypass Mode.
- Shut down the vacuum pump by moving the switch to the OFF position.
Hot oil and hot components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or hot components to contact the skin.
Note: The oil that is drained from the system must be in a suitable container for storage or for disposal.
- Open the gas ballast to | | position.
Illustration 1 g01269434 Gas Ballast in an Open State
- Attach a drain hose to the drain by slipping the end over the drain.
Note: A tube that has a
9.4 mm (0.3701 inch)inner diameter should be used to direct the oil flow.
- Open the oil drain valve until the oil drains freely.
- Remove one of the oil filler plugs.
Illustration 2 g01269449 Removing the Filler Plug
- Drain the old oil into a suitable container.
Note: Allow sufficient time for the oil to drain completely.
- Close the oil drain valve.
- Slowly add the new oil through filler hole.
Illustration 3 g01269452 Adding Oil
- Add oil until the oil is at the level/fill line on the sight glass.
Illustration 4 g01269457 Full Oil Level
- Replace the oil filler plug.
- Run the pump for approximately 10 minutes in order to circulate the new oil.
- Close gas ballast by turning the dial to the O position.
Illustration 5 g01269467 Closed Gas Ballast
- Return the system to operation.
Observe the oil through the sight glass. Normal oil condition is indicated by the following.
- The oil is even with the level/fill line.
- The oil does not show any signs of contamination.
- An oil level that is higher than the level/fill line may indicate condensing water vapor. If these conditions exist, an oil change is required.
- Dark-colored oil indicates that the oil is contaminated. If these conditions exist, an oil change is required.
- A low level indicates that oil should be added to the pump.
- A clean sight glass allows you to see the oil condition.
- Clean the sight glass with a clean lint free cloth.