Usage:UPS 250 APZ
(1) Bypass Switch
(2) Output Switch
(3) Input Switch
View of Disconnect Switches|
The Maintenance Bypass Disconnect Switches are located on the right side of the SMS Bypass cabinet at the top. Refer to Illustration 1 for the location of the switches in the cabinet. The Maintenance Bypass Disconnect Switches consist of the following switches: Bypass, Output and Input. Refer to Illustration 2.
There are different configurations of switches that depend on options on the cabinet and utility connections. Refer to Table 1 for configurations of the disconnect switch .
Types of Disconnect Switch|
- Refer to Systems Operation, Testing and Adjusting, RENR9988, "Internal Component Preremoval Steps (SMS Bypass Cabinet)" in order to shut down the system and gain access to internal components.
- Remove the upper safety shield in order to gain access to the switches.
Note: The three handles must be in the OFF position in order to remove the shield.
- Remove the three nuts from the bolts on the top side of the switch. Remove the bolts.
- Remove the three nuts from the bolts on the lower side of the switch. Remove the bolts.
- Remove the four bolts that hold the switch to the right panel.
- Remove the switch from the cabinet.
- Position the switch in place on the right panel behind the buswork. Refer to Illustration 3 for placement of the switch.
- Attach the switch to the right panel with four bolts.
- By using the upper three bolts from the rear connector of the switch, attach the bolts to the buswork.
- Attach the lower three bolts to the buswork or attach the lower three bolts to the cables that depend on the switch.
- Torque the bolts to
54 N·m (40 lb ft).
- Replace the upper shield and replace the lower shield.