Usage:UPS 250 APZ
Initial Set Up Procedure
- Calibrate the vibration sensors before performing this procedure. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, "Vibration Sensors Zeroes - Calibrate".
Note: The Calibration procedure for the vibration sensors is necessary at the initial start-up of the system. The Calibration procedure for the vibration sensors is necessary when the "Comm/Accel" Board is replaced.
Note: The Systems Operation, Testing and Adjusting, "Rotor Position Sensor - Adjust" procedure is necessary at the initial start-up of the system. The procedure is also necessary whenever the "Comm/Accel" Board is replaced and whenever the top bearing is replaced.
Note: The flywheel must be at 0 rpm when a rough calibration of the RPS Advance Setpoint is performed.
- Place the keyswitch (1) in the Bypass position.
- Disable the input voltage to the system by opening the input circuit breaker. Secure the system. Verify that all the high voltage inputs to the system are open. Ensure that the flywheel is at zero rpm.
- Place the key switch in the Bypass position for the MMU that is being calibrated.
Note: In a Single-Module System, place the key switch in the Bypass position on the System Cabinet.
Note: Proceed to step 8 for Single-Module Systems.
- Connect a PC to the Parallel Cabinet Interface Board that is located in the System Cabinet.
- Rotate the switch on the Parallel Cabinet Interface Board to the corresponding Multiple Module Unit.
Proceed to Step 9.
- Remove all sheet metal panels. Remove the sheet metal panel for the System I/O and Isolation Board (2).
- Connect a PC to the System RS232/RS485 port that is located on the System I/O and Isolation Board. Make sure that jumper Jmp1 (3) on the System I/O and Isolation Board is in the correct position.
Note: The lower side is RS232 and the higher side is RS485.
- Verify that the input voltage is correct.
Note: The phase rotation must be A-B-C.
- Verify that the phase rotation is correct.
- Close the high voltage inputs to the system.
The system will start. The key will remain in "Bypass".
- Turn on the PC. Run the CAT UPS View by double clicking on the icon that is on the PC.
- Click on "PC Settings" that is located on the Menu Bar.
Refer to illustration 6.
- Check the "Direct Connect (serial)" radio button (27) .
- Select your "Serial/Modem Port Number" (29) for this Serial Connection and set the "Serial/Modem Baud Rate" (30) .
The radio button for Detailed MMU telemetry (26) must be checked.
- Click on the "OK" button (31) in order to accept these settings.
- Click on "Connection" (36) on the Menu Bar.
- Select "Connect" (37) from the drop-down menu.
You will be connected to the System. You will receive the System Telemetry.
- Once you are Connected, Click over the "Enter Password" (41) in the Menu Bar.
The window that is in illustration 9 will appear.
- Enter "User Name" and "Password".
- Click on "OK" Button.
After the Password has been entered, the Menu Option will Change.
The Menu bar will contain a "Calibrate" Option.
Note: Before the system can start this calibration, the flywheel vacuum needs to be less than 58 mtorr.
- Click on the "Calibrate".
- Select "RPS Advance Setpoint".
The preheat cycle will start if the temperature of the rotor is less than 30 °C (86 °F). During this cycle, the rotor will spin. If the rotor does not spin, the system will start the RPS rough calibration. Input contactor "K1" will close and the static switch will turn on. The DC bus will rise. In addition, the flywheel inverter can be heard. The flywheel spins at approximately 300 rpm for this part of the calibration. This portion of the rough calibration is completed in approximately 15 minutes. The system will display the message "Finished Rough Calibration, rough setting at:--".
- When the RPS rough calibration is complete, turn the key switch to the "Online" position.
Note: In a Multiple Module System, turn the keyswitches on the following cabinets to the "Online" position:
- The System Cabinet
- The MMU that is being calibrated
The input contactor "K1" will close and the Static Switch will turn on. The DC bus will rise and the output contactor "K2" will close. In addition, the flywheel inverter can be heard. The flywheel will spin up to approximately 7640 rpm. The system will enable the fine calibration for the RPS Advance Setpoint automatically. This portion of the calibration is completed in approximately 15 to 30 minutes. The flywheel will increase the speed of the rotation to 7700 rpm when the procedure is complete. (This speed is relatively stable.)
Note: During the fine calibration, the load is protected and the system will discharge if an event occurs.
When the calibration ends, the system displays "Flash reprogrammed OK" and the motor is rotating at a stable speed of 7700 rpm. The calibration is then successful.
- The System Cabinet
- Click on "Connection" on the menu bar, and select "Disconnect" in order to end this calibration procedure in UPS View. Telemetry will stop being received.
- Unplug the RS232/RS485 cable from the System Input/Output and Isolation Board. Reinstall the sheet metal. Close the doors for proper air flow to the system.