|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||1P-1855    ||Retaining Ring Pliers    ||1    |
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
If any of the parts on the engine oil pump are worn or damaged, the entire pump must be replaced.
Note: If the No. 1 crankshaft main bearing cap was removed, install the No. 1 crankshaft main bearing cap with the engine oil pump. Tighten the bolts for the No. 1 crankshaft main bearing cap to a torque of 265 N·m (195 lb ft).
- If the shaft for the idler gear on the engine oil pump was removed, remove the excess Loctite 603. Apply a new layer of Loctite 603 to the bore in the main bearing cap and install the shaft.
- Fill engine oil pump (7) with clean engine oil. Install engine oil pump (7) on the engine.
- Install three bolts (6). Tighten the bolts to a torque of 22 N·m (16 lb ft).
- Install idler gear (5) .
- Use Tool (A) to install retaining ring (4) .
Note: After you install the engine oil pump and the idler gear, ensure that there is a minimum of 0.08 mm (.003 inch) backlash between the gear on the engine oil pump and the idler gear.
- Install the engine oil relief valve. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Engine Oil Relief Valve - Install".
- Install the strainer, suction pipe (3), and the gasket.
- Install bolt (2). Tighten the bolt to a torque of 22 N·m (16 lb ft).
- Install two bolts (1). Tighten the bolts to a torque of 22 N·m (16 lb ft).
End By: Install the front housing. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Housing (Front) - Install".