Engine Crankcase Breather - Clean
Open the engine access door on the back side of the machine. Use the prop rod to hold the engine access door open.
The breather is located under the breather cover (1) .
- Remove the 14 screws (2) that hold the cover.
- Check the condition of the cover seal. If the used seal is damaged, replace the seal with a new seal.
Expanded view of the engine crankcase breather
- Wash the element in a clean, nonflammable solvent. Wash the breather element cover assembly in a clean, nonflammable solvent.
- Shake the element in order to dry the element. Pressure air may also be used to dry the element.
- Inspect the breather hose for damage. Replace the breather hose, if necessary.
- Install the breather element. Install the breather element cover assembly.
- Install the breather hose and breather outlet hose clamp.
- Close the engine access door.
Caterpillar Information System:
572R Pipelayer Light Switches
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Engine Air Filter Service Indicator - Inspect
3406E and 3456 Industrial Engines Exhaust Manifold
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Engine Air Filter Secondary Element - Replace
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Drive Shaft Universal Joints - Lubricate
793B Off-Highway Truck Power Train Torque Converter Lockup Clutch Leakage - Test
D250E Series II, D300E Series II, D350E Series II and D400E Series II Articulated Trucks Power Train Electronic Control System Switches
Challenger 65E, Challenger 75E, Challenger 85E and Challenger 95E Agricultural Tractors Air Conditioner Desiccant Receiver/Dryer - Replace
CP-563C and CS-563C Vibratory Compactors Crankshaft Vibration Damper - Inspect
793B Off-Highway Truck Power Train Torque Converter Lockup Clutch Pilot Pressure - Test and Adjust
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Cooling System Water Temperature Regulator - Clean/Replace
572R Pipelayer Digital Display Window
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Engine Oil Level - Check
572R Pipelayer Horn
793B Off-Highway Truck Power Train Torque Converter Lockup Clutch Signal Pressure - Test
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Engine Oil and Filter - Change
Challenger 35, Challenger 45 and Challenger 55 Agricultural Tractors Power Train Oil Distribution To Clutch
572R Pipelayer Battery Disconnect Switch
914G Wheel Loader Equipment Lowering with Engine Stopped
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Fuel System Primary Filter - Replace
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Fuel System Priming Pump - Operate
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Fuel System Water Separator - Drain
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Fuel System Water Separator Element - Replace
IT14G Integrated Toolcarrier Fuel Tank Cap - Clean